Wednesday, 13 January 2016
January - For the Birds
After sharing our ideas for themes and possible tours, we created pine cone bird feeders.
Lori brought the supplies (along with some treats for us!):
- Pine cones
- Unsalted peanut butter and lard mixture (2:1)
- Knife or spoon for application
- Plates and plastic bags for transport
1. Tied string to the pine cone
2. Dipped the pine cone into the unsalted peanut butter and lard mix, and used a butter knife to get more into the cracks
3. Set the coated pine cone onto a plate and placed it outside in the cold to set
After another cup of tea... voila! Our bird feeders were done.
The whole craft was easy and fun to make (only slightly messy). And a perfect treat for all the birds we've been seeing out and about!
Have you a variation on this simple bird feeder? Send in your stories and photos.